[cdwg] Community Development WG update

Hamilton, Pam hamilton5 at llnl.gov
Tue Aug 30 09:48:07 PDT 2011

Hi all,

Below are the notes from the last CDWG telecon. I would just add that the OpenSFS Execs have not met yet to discuss the recommendations of the CDWG in its white paper. Their face to face meeting is not until October 10-11 so I believe they are in the process of trying to arrange conference calls to discuss it before the face to face.

Given that, I don't have any agenda items for tomorrow's CDWG call. Please let me know if there are any topics to discuss, otherwise, I will cancel the call.  Regards,Pam

OpenSFS Community Development WG Telecon
August 17, 2011

Cray: John Carrier, Cory Spitz
LLNL: Pam Hamilton, Chris Morrone
OpenSFS: Shay Seager
ORNL: James Simmons
TACC: John Hammond
Terascala: Roger Spellman
Whamcloud: Peter Jones, Eric Barton
Xyratex: Kevin Canady, Nathan Rutman, Micheal Connely, Colin Faber
PNL: Evan Felix
IU: Justin Miller, Josh

NOTES
●	IU is getting a mirror repo of Jira and Whamcloud’s Git/Jira/bug database scraped daily for archival purposes.
●	Community feeling the effects of Oracle leaving Lustre: e-mail from Mathew Les (sp?) Geological Survey, August 8th, Kevin Canady replied saying Whamcloud/Xyratex providing support.

Deep Dive
Location: Cray, St. Paul Mn, Oct 17/18th
after EOFS technical talks in Paris, so that we can share information.
Topics:
1- differences between 1.8 & 2.1
2- client IO re-write
3 - path forward, future of Lustre and design/feature ideas.
4 - ?

●	Above Deep Dives canceled, more details to follow regarding re-scheduling
●	Pam Hamilton and Shay Seager will compile a survey to be sent out to all Lustre and OpenSFS mailing lists addressing the focus and needs of Lustre Developers for the Deep Dive Discussion Topics.  (questions addressing what the individual is currently working on and what they are interested in learning to expand their progress)
●	Possibilities for new dates: added onto LUG, at/after SC’11,
●	The Deep Dives will have tutorial/enrollment fee to reimburse the companies supplying speakers.

END OF CALL.
Pam Hamilton
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
P.O. Box 808, L-556
Livermore, CA  94551-9900
E-Mail:  pgh at llnl.gov
Phone:  925-423-1332          Fax:  925-423-8719