[cdwg] Lustre 2.2 update - December 23rd 2012

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Dec 23 15:06:20 PST 2011

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.2 release.

Features Landed To Date
======================

- Imperative Recovery
- Multi threaded ptlrpcd
- Parallel directory operations (pDirOps)
- Statahead

Minor Enhancements
==================

-All patches to provide support for Fedora 15 Lustre clients have now
been uploaded into gerrit and are going through testing\inspections (LU506)
-RHEL 6.2 server\client support in progress (LU751)

Testing
=======

-Ongoing effort has been put into extending the degree of test
automation; NFS testing and recovery testing are those closest to landing

The main focus over the coming two weeks will continue to be landing
feature candidates.

Feature Candidates
==================

The targeted release date remains March 2012. The following features
have been proposed for 2.2 and some (but certainly not all) may be ready
for landing before the Feature Freeze (January 7th). Those that are not
ready in time will likely be in the 2.3 release scheduled for September
2012.

- Client parallel checksums (LU884)
- Data Version Per File (LU827)
- Large xattrs (a.k.a "Wide Striping") (LU80)
- Layout Lock (LU169)
- Manage Dirty Flag for HSM (LU941)
- mds-survey (LU593/LU633)
- OSD API (LU909)
- OST object asynchronous glimpse (LU925)
- Quota protocol/code improvements (LU847)
- SLES11 server patches (landed to tree but not built into automated
testing) (LU335)

We will continue to provide periodic updates on our progress on this
release. In the meantime, you can always see the landings as they happen
at
http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
and follow the patch reviews and testing at
http://review.whamcloud.com/#q,status:open+project:fs/lustre-release+branch:master,n,z

Regards

Peter

--