[cdwg] SC11 - Speaker Schedule and Booth Information

Shay Seager ssseager at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 13:17:32 PDT 2011

Hello All,

OpenSFS and EOFS would like to invite you to come and experience everything Lustre with us.  We have partnered with our member organizations to put on a great venue for you this year at SC11.  Our booth is 4206 on the 6th level (aka - Lustre Community Pavilion).

We are excited to present you with 3 fantastic days of speakers & demos.  Check out our speaker schedule below and on our website http://www.opensfs.org/events-2 .  While you are on our website, make sure you also check out information on LUG 2012 (http://www.opensfs.org/lug), registration is now open.

We were also the only organization that received permission to celebrate during event hours, so please come for our Libations to Lustre Tuesday  Nov, 15th from 4-6pm where we will serve you complementary local micro-brews and savory snacks - an occasion not to be missed!

Booth 4206 is the place to be at SC11 (so feel free to forward this e-mail on, so you see your friends at Libations to Lustre).

We look forward to seeing you at SC11!

Lustre Community Pavillion Presents

SC’11 Speaker Series

HPC experts and Lustre Pioneers

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Peter Bojanic & Kevin Canady : 10:00 AM - "Lustre at Large"
Nathan Rutman: 10:30AM - "Rock hard Lustre"
Peter Jones: 11:00 AM - "Hands on Lustre"
Galen Shipman and Stephane Thiell: 12:15-1:15pm - Birds of a Feather "Open Scalable File Systems, Transitioning from Petascale to Exoscale"
Norman Morse & Hugo Falter : 1:00 PM - HPC Wire "Q&A for OpenSFS & EOFS"
Liang Zhen: 2:00 PM - "Preliminary Results from the Single Server Metadata Performance for OpenSFS contract"
Andreas Dilger :  3PM - "Lustre 2.x"
OpenSFS Libations to Lustre : 4-6pm.  Enjoy local frosty microbrews and satisfying savory snacks with HPC’s leading experts and your OpenSFS teammates.
Wednesday  - November 16, 2011

Eric Barton: 10AM - "Evolving Lustre for Exascale"
John Spray: 11AM - "Whamcloud Lustre Management Tools"
Brent Gorda, Norman Morse, Hugo Falter: 12:15-1:15PM - Birds of a Feather Session
Ned Bass: 1pm - "The Lustre Monitoring Tool, LMT"
Colin Faber: 2pm - "Lustre Technical Overview for Beginners"
Stephane Thiell: 3pm - "Shine : an Open source Lustre management tool"
Makia Minch: 4pm - "Lustre Simplified, ClusterStor Manger"
Thursday - November 17, 2011

Colin Faber: 11AM - "Lustre Testing and Benchmarking"
Pam Hamilton: 3pm - "Community Development Working Group and the Support Model"

- - -
Shay Seager
Open SFS Secretary
www.opensfs.org