[cdwg] Benchmarking Work Group under OpenSFS is requesting your participation for our research.

Vanderbilt, Richard Richard.Vanderbilt at netapp.com
Tue Aug 14 10:51:56 PDT 2012

 [C:\Users\rvanderb\Downloads\Image_0]

August 14, 2012

To the scalable parallel file systems community,

The Benchmarking Work Group (BWG) under OpenSFS is seeking volunteers from the scalable parallel file systems community to participate in a survey to assist us with our research to characterize I/O workloads.  This research will help us identify performance evaluation and benchmarking tools which you or your storage provider can run on your existing scalable parallel file system or on the next one you are planning to acquire and deploy.

The survey is voluntary and, all data returned to the OpenSFS BWG will be anonymized before public release. There are no mandatory fields.  The BWG appreciates whatever answers you can give.  The data received will only be used to help with our research.  To assist with the collection of the data, the BWG has assembled a few useful scripts to run.  If you have any questions regarding the survey please feel free to contact us.

For your efforts the Benchmarking Work Group will recommend open source I/O benchmarking tools that best match your workloads.  If desired, BWG will connect you with other facilities or companies with similar workloads.

For participating in our survey please follow the link:   http://www.opensfs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/BWGIOworkloadcharacterizationsurvey-v1.0-15.pdf

We sincerely appreciate your support!

Sarp Oral PhD., Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Co-chair  1(865)574-2173
Richard Vanderbilt, Netapp, Co-chair 1(408)822-6016
bwg<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>-<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>survey<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>-<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>data<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>@<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>opensfs<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>.<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>org<mailto:bwg-survey-data at opensfs.org>
www<http://www.opensfs.org>.<http://www.opensfs.org>opensfs<http://www.opensfs.org>.<http://www.opensfs.org>org<http://www.opensfs.org>