[cdwg] Lustre 2.3 release

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Mon Feb 6 14:03:26 PST 2012

Hi there

Although we are still very busy with Lustre 2.2, we have started
planning for the content of Lustre 2.3 release. Landings for 2.3 will
start as soon as Lustre 2.2 has been branched from master.

Lustre 2.3 is targeted for release in September 2012 and, as such, any
features to be included will need to be landed to master by the end of
June at the latest in order to allow adequate time for stabilization
ahead of the release. If features only become ready for landing at the
end of June there may not be sufficient time to land them all, so
features that are available sooner are more likely to be tested,
inspected, and landed before the feature freeze.

If anyone is working on features that could be candidates to include in
this release then please let me know so that we can consider them in our
planning.

Features that were initially targeted for 2.2 but were not ready in time
are already on our list -
http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Community+Development+in+Progress

Thanks

Peter