[cdwg] Lustre 2.2 update - March 2nd 2012

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Mar 2 06:43:52 PST 2012

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.2 release.

Testing
=======

-Testing has been ongoing on the 2.1.56 tag
-Hyperion scale performance testing has shown favourable results
comparing 2.2 vs 2.1.1; apples to applies comparisons with 1.8.7 are
harder because RHEL6 servers are not supported on 1.8.x and 2.2 does not
support RHEL5 servers but we are exploring options
-We were able to use a test cluster onsite at Juelich in order to
complete large LUN testing for 2.1.56

Blockers
========
-At the time of writing we are down to 4 blockers - see
http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10184
for details

Other
=====
-Expect to branch b2_2 shortly which will open up master for 2.3 landings

We will continue to provide periodic updates on our progress on this
release. In the meantime, you can always see the landings as they happen
at
http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
and follow the patch reviews and testing at
http://review.whamcloud.com/#q,status:open+project:fs/lustre-release+branch:master,n,z

Regards

Peter

--