[cdwg] [wc-discuss] Lustre 2.2.0 released

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Fri Mar 30 11:44:33 PDT 2012

It sounds to me like the decision to not mark the issue a blocker is
reasonable give the information I have seen (i.e., only and issue with
debug kernels).  While a panic is more likely to be a blocker, it should
not necessarily be a guarantee.  We do need to consider other factors,
and holding to our release schedule is important.

It would be fairly easy to delay releases for untold months if a panic
automatically blocked releases.  A panic that will effect all production
users should obviously be a blocker.  A panic that only effects a
development environment with a debug kernel is not automatically a blocker.

I think that it would have been helpful to record that decision in the
ticket.  Otherwise the Alexey and the rest of us have little visibility
into the process, which can lead to unnecessary frustration.

Chris