[cdwg] [Discuss] TWG Meeting at SC12

Hamilton, Pam hamilton5 at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 9 09:43:42 PST 2012

Hi Dave and TWG,

A suggestion was discussed on a recent CDWG call that I wanted to share with the TWG.

It seems there are ideas for improvements to Lustre which can be characterized as small discrete items/tasks. Instead of, or in addition to, putting out an RFP which is large in scope, how about RFPs for these small discrete items/tasks? Presumably, these could be executed much more quickly than trying to prioritize a longer list of items and drafting the subsequent more complicated Statement of Work. The SOW for a single item would certainly be easier to write.

I'll plan to join in on your TWG meeting in Salt Lake.

Regards,
Pam

Pam Hamilton
Lawrence Livermore National Lab
P.O. Box 808, L-556
Livermore, CA  94551-9900
E-Mail:  pgh at llnl.gov
Phone:  925-423-1332          Fax:  925-423-8719