[cdwg] Website progress materials

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 8 10:28:17 PST 2012

I don't think this is an either/or situation.  Here's an explanation, as
I understand it:

   OPS1201-OPENseas-r2.png - front page of www.opensfs.org
   OPS1201-subpage-r1.png - www.opensfs.org page template
   OPS1201-lustre-1.png - lustre.opensfs.org page template

So the front page of www.opensfs.org is the flashy page to entice folks
to opensfs.  That front page png mock-up is multiple slides in one
graphic.  When it is implemented on the web page, there will be some
click or scroll mechanism that will allow flipping between the slides.

Then all other pages at www.opensfs.org will follow a more general
template, OPS1201-subpage-r1.png.

Lustre, as an open-source project that has users and community broader
than OpenSFS, will have its own lustre.opensfs.org domain, and a
similiar, but different template.  While we want it to be inclusive, and
not make people feel like our lustre pages are only for OpenSFS members,
we do want to make clear the effort that OpenSFS puts into the project
and encourage those who have similar interests to join OpenSFS, so there
is an OpenSFS footer at the bottom of all of the lustre pages to
maintain some tie-in.

Chris