[cdwg] Board Update for 9/4/2012

ssimms at iu.edu ssimms at iu.edu
Wed Sep 5 14:02:03 PDT 2012

Hello!

I probably know most of you, but for those of you that don't, I'm Stephen
Simms and am the community board member for OpenSFS.  Pam Hamilton and
Terri Quinn made the great suggestion that I function as a liaison between
the board and the working groups.  Toward that end, I will be sending you
periodic updates on what the board is up to and will be available to you
if you have questions and/or concerns.

Thanks!
Stephen Simms

==========

Board Meeting for 9/4/2012

OpenSFS Website

OpenSFS has approached LoudDog ( http://www.louddog.com/ ), the company
responsible for the Whamcloud webpages, to help us retool our web
presence.  Josh from LoudDog has been talking with Pam Hamilton and Chris
Morrone to make sure that the working group requirements are satisfied.
Norm has been and will be involved with the CDWG to help define their role
in this new web design.  LoudDog will also be talking with the board to
make sure that the marketing approach has a tone appropriate for our
organization.  Soon, LoudDog will be sending a proposal to OpenSFS for
review which, if reviewed favorably will lead to mock-ups of their
proposed design.  It is the board's wish to have the new site implemented
before SC12.

==========

The CDWG was asked by the Board to determine the process for the next
official maintenance release for Lustre and a plan for going managing
future maintenance releases.  At the end of May the CDWG wrote to the
board articulating their plan.  Chris Morrone's summary of the plan:

·         Next official maintenance branch will be 2.4 (end of March 2013)
·         Official maintenance branches will start every 18 months
·         Official maintenance branches will be supported for 3 years

After some discussion about deadlines and schedule slippage, the board
came to consensus.  The board supports and is aligned with the CDWG's plan
moving forward.  Thanks to all of you for the time spent working on the
plan.