[cdwg] cdwg Digest, Vol 27, Issue 20

John Carrier john.carrier at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:48:47 PDT 2013

Michael,

Your rewrite obscures the fact that OpenSFS is not just involved in the releases of Lustre but also has funded new feature development.   Until there is more community-generated development, this function is no less important than the release process.

This sentence captures this thought more explicitly:

> Since its inception, OpenSFS has funded development of important new Lustre file system features and played a role in new Lustre file system
> releases <http://lustre.opensfs.org/community-lustre-roadmap/> on behalf of
> the open source development community.

I also find the term "open source development community" to be awkward and inexact since the beneficiaries of our efforts are all users of the Lustre file system, not just the developers.

thanks,

--jc

Sent from my iPad