[cdwg] Monitoring Ticket Progress

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Wed Aug 7 08:03:24 PDT 2013

<snip>

>It is not a rare occurrence - patches that were submitted 6-12 months
>after it was first pushed for review.

Denis, please give me three examples where patches pushed to master have
waited 6-12 months after being pushed for review?

I take this very seriously.

There are certainly busy times when lower priority patches might need to
wait but I have not seen anything that long.

Feature patches submitted during the feature freeze, but that is usually
more like 3-4 months in the worst case scenario.

Sometimes people push patches against maintenance branches, which can be
useful for the community but if these land it will only be at the time we
create a maintenance release against that branch.