[cdwg] Lustre 2.4 update - February 15th 2013

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Fri Feb 15 14:31:04 PST 2013

 Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.4 release. Details of the scope of the release are at http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/Releases/Lustre+2.4+Scope+Statement

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
-LU-2785 is a significant bug fix

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.3.60 tag is complete; 2.3.61 testing is underway
-Dedicated time on Hyperion this week has been focused on ZFS testing with 2.3.61 (plus fix for LU-2785); up to 400 clients were used in this testing

Blockers
========

-Full list available at http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10292
-If there are any issues not presently marked as blockers that you believe should be, please let me know

Other
=====
-We are in the stabilization period for the release now so this is an ideal time for community members to start testing tags and open JIRA tickets for any issues encountered

Thanks

Peter