[cdwg] Completion of 2.5.0 Scoping Effort

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Fri Jun 14 13:44:01 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

As Technical Rep. on the OpenSFS "tree contract" and head of the CDWG, I
got together with Peter Jones and we went over all of the tickets that
you guys suggested for scoping into Lustre 2.5.0.  Each issue that we
agreed is in scope for Lustre 2.5.0 has had the "Lustre 2.5.0" version
added to its Jira ticket.

I have summarized the state of scoping on the development-in-progress page:

   http://wiki.opensfs.org/Lustre_Community_Development_in_Progress

That page also contains some convenient links into Jira.

Please keep in mind that this list is _not_ a guarantee of work that
will be completed for 2.5.0.  This is just our best effort at planning a
reasonable amount of work for 2.5.0.  The scope will grow as bugs are
reported and added to the list of things that need fixing for 2.5.0.
The scope may also shrink as planned items make insufficient progress.

If you think we missed something that really should be in 2.5.0, please
make a case for its inclusion right here on this mailing list.  We are
happy to explain why we thought an item as not viable in the 2.5.0 time
frame,  and/or to reconsider if you think we made a mistake.

Chris