[cdwg] Maintenance releaase status of 2.5/2.4

Cory Spitz spitzcor at cray.com
Thu Jun 27 14:14:02 PDT 2013

Ok, I haven't heard of any objections either.

However, I'm more than a bit concerned that the CDWG may recommend that
b2_5 become a maintenance branch, but that we aren't prepared to turn out
releases from said branch.

Peter J. said, "maintenance releases and support is at the discretion of
the support providers" when talking about _other_ branches.  I'm not sure
that he was implying that Intel would substitute 2.4.x for 2.5.x on the
roadmap
(https://wiki.hpdd.intel.com/display/PUB/Community+Lustre+Roadmap).  Since
Intel was putting out maintenance releases for the previous maintenance
branch, b2_1, I think that they need to be on-board with the suggestion to
move to b2_5.  Otherwise, the CDWG is going to have to find a way to turn
out 2.5.x releases.

Thanks,
-Cory