[cdwg] Lustre 2.5 update - October 11th 2013

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Sat Oct 12 06:36:05 PDT 2013

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.5 release.

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/b2_5

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.4.93 tag completed; testing on 2.5.0-RC1 tag underway
-ORNL looking into options for testing RC1

Blockers
========

-None at present; if there are any issues not presently marked as blockers that you believe should be, please let me know

Other
=====

-Due to the current US government shutdown we are expecting to lose access to Hyperion (which we use for scale testing) early next week; we hope to be able to complete testing on RC1 by then, but this service will not be available to test any further release candidates. There was a discussion about this on the CDWG call earlier this week and we are looking into alternative options as a contingency.
-We encourage community members to test out the release candidate and to use JIRA (https://jira.hpdd.intel.com<https://jira.hpdd.intel.com/>) to report any bugs encountered

Thanks

Peter

PS/ You can also keep up to date with matters relating to the 2.5 release on the CDWG wiki - http://wiki.opensfs.org/Lustre_2.5.0