[cdwg] Which stable version to install

Matt Bettinger iamatt at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 07:57:16 PDT 2014

Hello,

We currently run 2 lustre file systems 1.8.6 (qdr)  and 1.8.8 (fdr).
We will be taking 1.8.6 off-line for an "upgrade" ( bare metal
reinstall of OS and lustre!) to 2.X.

 I see quite a bit of activity on different releases which is a
confusing as to decide which release to install.  What is the main
'stable' release that is suggested for a new 2.X installation?  2.5?
We are interested in looking at the newer tools such as lester,
robinhood, latest collectl, and the HSM bits.    The interconnects are
Mellanox  QDR to a very finicky IBM IB switch and fibre back end.  The
OS is going to be RHEL or CentOs but does not matter however we would
prefer to use the lustre RPMs if possible so 6.4/6.5 I am guessing.
We have two MDS available on this system as well.

It is not a requirement that the 1.8.8 be able to talk to 2.X through
Linux gateway routers  but things change and we may need to have 1.8.8
cross mount the new 2.x.  Does that have any bearing on which 2.X
version we decide to land on?  Thanks~

Matt Bettinger