[cdwg] Lustre 2.3 update - August 3rd 2012

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Aug 3 11:59:53 PDT 2012

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.3 release.

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see
http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
-support for RHEL 6.3 landed
-several patches landed for 3.0 kernel client support; just two patches
outstanding http://review.whamcloud.com/#change,1942 and
http://review.whamcloud.com/#change,1951

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.2.92 tag is in progress; testing on the 2.2.91 tag was
completed
-Now that we are feature frozen for 2.3, each subsequent tag should be
converging on release quality. You can assist in the final 2.3 release
being higher quality by testing these tags and reporting any issues
found in JIRA.

Blockers
========

-Full list available at
http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10205

Other
=====

-We will continue to provide periodic updates on our progress on this
release. In the meantime, you can always see the landings as they happen
at
http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
<http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/b2_2>
and follow the patch reviews and testing at
http://review.whamcloud.com/#q,status:open+project:fs/lustre-release+branch:master,n,z

Regards

Peter

--