[cdwg] Lustre 2.3 update - August 31st 2012

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Fri Aug 31 17:05:56 PDT 2012

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.3 release.

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/b2_3

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.2.94 tag is in progress; testing on the 2.2.93 tag was completed
- You can assist in the final 2.3 release being higher quality by testing these tags and reporting any issues found in JIRA.

Blockers
========

-Full list available at http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10205

Other
=====

-The b2_3 branch is now code frozen and landings are now limited to fixes for blocking bugs and test. If there is any issue you are aware of that is not presently showing as a blocker that you believe warrants being treated as one then please let me know. When the number of blockers reaches zero we will tag RC1.

Thanks

Peter