[cdwg] Lustre 2.2 update - February 17th 2012

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Fri Feb 17 06:57:25 PST 2012

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.2 release.

Minor Enhancements
==================

-The changes required for the remaining patch for fc15 client support
are considered too risky to accept this close to GA so fc15 support has
been descoped from 2.2; we expect this patch to be amongst the first
landings when master reopens for 2.3 landings (LU506)

Testing
=======

-Testing has completed on the 2.1.55 tag; a 2.1.56 tag will be created
shortly

Blockers
========
-At the time of writing we are down to 11 blockers - see
http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10184
for details

Other
=====
-An e2fsprogs release that will support the new features in 2.2 was
released this week and is available at
http://downloads.whamcloud.com/public/e2fsprogs/1.41.90.wc4/

We will continue to provide periodic updates on our progress on this
release. In the meantime, you can always see the landings as they happen
at
http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
and follow the patch reviews and testing at
http://review.whamcloud.com/#q,status:open+project:fs/lustre-release+branch:master,n,z

Regards

Peter

--