[cdwg] [wc-discuss] Lustre 2.2.0 released

Peter Jones pjones at whamcloud.com
Mon Jun 18 06:56:52 PDT 2012

Andrei

Lustre 2.1.x is our current maintenance release stream - see
http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/PUB/Lustre+Releases for more details.

I do not think that sites who are interested in running Lustre 2.2
should necessarily reconsider their plans in light of this.

Yes there are bugs in Lustre 2.2, but there are also bugs on older
releases.

Not every bug is relevant to every site.

Bugs that are reported against Lustre 2.2 are getting fixed and landed
for September's upcoming Lustre 2.3 release and so anyone running Lustre
2.2 could apply a patch if necessary.

I hope that this helps clarify things.

Regards

Peter