[cdwg] Defect Escapes

Nic Henke nic_henke at xyratex.com
Tue Nov 6 06:08:57 PST 2012

Hello,

	Denis Kodrantenko has posted some very interesting data on the OpenSFS wiki on Defect Escapes - the bugs that are being reported and fixed after a release is cut.  We are hoping this is the start of a fun conversation on how we can classify and track errors better, and perhaps arrive at some ideas of how to reduce the number of escapes in the future.

	Also of particular interest is a table that shows the defect density for Lustre 2.1 as compared to the code coverage. It doesn't seem there is a clear coverage relationship to the end defect density - perhaps we need better measures or it starts to indicate some of the historic quality issues couldn't be found just through more complete, in a strictly code coverage manner,  testing.

The page is here: http://www.opensfs.org/foswiki/bin/view/Lustre/DefectsEscape

Cheers,
Nic

Nicholas Henke • Senior Filesystem Developer
Xyratex
office: +1 (651)842 8471 • mobile: +1 (651)895 5795
www.xyratex.com
Connect with Xyratex