[cdwg] New Wiki for OpenSFS

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Fri Nov 2 10:52:47 PDT 2012

Ok.  I too would be in favor of a switch to MediaWiki.  We had it set up
before, and in fact wiki.opensfs.org still goes to an un-configured
MediaWiki instance.

I am inclined to pursue getting the MediaWiki instance upgraded and
configured the way we want.

The only complaint that I am aware of for MediaWiki is that folks were
unable to upload files.  But of course MediaWiki DOES support that, it
is just (according to the FAQ) disabled by default.  So I'll look into
where it is hosted, what controls we have, who current has the
passwords, etc.

If anyone has any other requirements or suggestions for a better wiki
engine, please speak up promptly.

Chris