[cdwg] New Wiki for OpenSFS

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Nov 8 11:08:43 PST 2012

On 11/07/2012 07:34 PM, Shipman, Galen M. wrote:

> On Nov 7, 2012, at 6:57 PM, Christopher J. Morrone wrote:
>
> OpenSFS has had hosted services available for over two years on github,
> and they have gone completely unused.  What development projects does
> OpenSFS plan to engage in, and what services do those projects need?
>

> We have some folks from NASA that have expressed interest in releasing software through OpenSFS, in the past ORNL expressed interest in hosting a repo and releasing software through OpenSFS.
> I would assume that if we had software released through OpenSFS it would be good to have a trouble ticket system such as Jira. I wasn't aware that we have an OpenSFS github instance. Can you send me the details off list?

Yes, we had that discussion, and my recollection is that we decided
against OpenSFS becoming a general project hosting service.  As you say,
there are many hosting services out there.

The github details are short, and I think keeping the conversation open
is worthwhile.

Ryan Weiss grabbed the "opensfs" organization name for us on github on
Jun 23, 2010.  I have admin rights on the account should we need to use it.

URL is: https://github.com/opensfs

This is a free (as in money) account at this time, and can only host
fully-public projects.

Chris