[cdwg] Lustre 2.3 update - September 14th 2012

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Fri Sep 14 07:36:04 PDT 2012

Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.3 release.

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/b2_3
-The landing for LU-1881 is believed to be significant as this issue was responsible for many testing failures

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.2.96 tag is in progress; testing on the 2.2.94 tag was completed; 2.2.95 was not widely tested because we realized that it was very important to include the fix landed for LU-1881
-Despite the infrastructure upgrade in progress, the Hyperion team have still kindly accommodated us in allowing a period of greater scale testing  for this tag which will continue over the weekend and into next week

Blockers
========

-Full list available at http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10205

Other
=====

-The b2_3 branch is now code frozen and landings are now limited to fixes for blocking bugs and test. If there is any issue you are aware of that is not presently showing as a blocker that you believe warrants being treated as one then please let me know. When the number of blockers reaches zero we will tag RC1.

Thanks

Peter