[cdwg] Roadmap refresh and Lustre 2.4

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Wed Sep 19 14:41:09 PDT 2012

Hi there

I have attached a draft refresh of the community roadmap with the changes the Lustre team at Intel plan to make

These are

-replace Whamcloud branding with Intel branding
-populating schedule for future quarterly maintenance releases in light of the decision to next realign the maintenance stream to 2.4
-LFSCK MDT-OST Consistency moved from 2.4 to 2.5
-as discussed on the last CDWG call, 2.4 release date moved from March 31st to April 30th to offset the feature freeze dates away from the holidays

Does anyone else have any additional changes that should be made? If so, please let me know before Friday.

I think that it makes sense to have our next roadmap refresh ahead of
SC12 and to re-centre the timeline then.

As for 2.4, to confirm our discussions on the last CDWG call we expect 2.4 to support

Servers: RHEL6
Clients RHEL6, SLES11 SP2 (we did talk about possibly also supporting
SLES11 SP1 but I have since discovered that this is now out of support so I do not think that there is a strong case to include this for a release planned for next spring)
Interop: 1.8.latest (clients only); 2.3 and 2.1.latest (servers and clients)

The significant dates for the 2.4 release are

Feature Freeze: Jan 31
Code Freeze: March 31
GA: April 30th

Anything else to add?