[cdwg] Monitoring Ticket Progress

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Aug 1 16:52:40 PDT 2013

Folks asked on last CDWG for some clarification about the issues that I
noted with the proposed gerrit filters.  Here are some details.

Lets start with the following filter, which is intended to show all
patches that have not yet completed the review process.

http://review.whamcloud.com/#/q/status:open+age:1mon+Verified%252B1+-Verified-1+-CodeReview-1+-CodeReview-2,n,z

We can ignore that it isn't also filtering out other projects and
branches other than master.  Those are easily fixable.  But there are
problems that are less easily fixed.

For instance, it returns this ticket:

   http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/6520/

At the time of writing this email, that has two +1 CodeReviews, and has
been sent to the "Gerrit Gatekeeper" for landing.  That patch is should
not appear in the "waiting for reviews list".  Instead it should be on
the "reviewed, but not landed" list.

But conversely, the "reviewed but not landed" filter is this:

http://review.whamcloud.com/#/q/status:open+age:1mon+Verified%252B1+CodeReview%252B2+-Verified-1+-CodeReview-1+-CodeReview-2,n,z

and the mentioned ticket does _not_ appear on that list.  That filter
is, in fact, grossly under reporting the number of patches that are
fully reviewed and waiting to land.  It only shows the patches that have
gotten a +2 CodeReview, which is only a subset of the patches that are
reviewed and waiting to land.

Chris