[cdwg] Monitoring Ticket Progress

Denis Kondratenko denis_kondratenko at xyratex.com
Fri Aug 2 04:13:24 PDT 2013

Chris,

I see your point now. We are not using gerrit with a way it was designed for (when +2 should be there to submit; seems our gatekeepers doing +2).
You are right it is impossible to build search for gatekeeper from plain gerrit without it modification.

There are still some ways to workaround that:
* http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Git/Gerrit_Code_Review (A hook could - for instance - allow a project to install an automated gatekeeper to vote +2 'submit approved' when sufficient +1 votes 'looks good to me' have been received)
* http://review.whamcloud.com/Documentation/prolog-cookbook.html#_example_12_1_1_2_code_review (but I don't know if it will get right searches..)
* in Xyratex we are using Jira state "Landing" to build filter for gatekeeper.

OK, even if we could't separate gatekeeper changes from other, filter is still useful to check issues with no feedback for a long time.

Thanks,
Denis

--

For additional information including the registered office and the treatment of Xyratex confidential information please visit www.xyratex.com