[cdwg] Monitoring Ticket Progress

Denis Kondratenko denis_kondratenko at xyratex.com
Thu Aug 8 04:10:03 PDT 2013

Hi Peter,

I wasn't been searching for gerrit (search isn't brilliant and I can't build search that will show me tickets that were under review for long time, I need to go to each ticket and check), just looked to my stared changes, issues that I had some internal relation.
Couple of examples:

http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/3553/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/3277/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/5213/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/4372/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/4641/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/4664/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/3725/
http://review.whamcloud.com/#/c/2406/

Again, I don't want to start any war or discussion about those tickets, or about some other.
I don't want to blame anyone about something. But for me obviously some problems exit.

Those tickets are probably all have good explanation why.
My suggestion was to build process, that will resolve such issues automatically and will provide us stat and info about Sustaining review activities.
What I don't want is to do it manually.

What we propose is to define all stages of Sustaining process to gather all needed info to understand where we have most problems:
* review resources
* incorrect test failures
* rebases
* code freeze
* some other…

Process for all, not just Xyratex, but for all reviews.

That will give us more visibility and possibility to improve.
We are not saint and we need to improve too. We have issues with upstream submission too and there are no fault here in this discussion.

Right now we know that only based on our experience in our heads, intuitively.

Of course we could use any suggestions. If we all think that just e-mail with list will resolve this situation - we will use that.

I just started this topic to share our process that could be useful, and gather other feedbacks - what could be done.

Thanks,
Denis

--

For additional information including the registered office and the treatment of Xyratex confidential information please visit www.xyratex.com