[cdwg] Lustre 2.4 update - February 1st 2013

Jones, Peter A peter.a.jones at intel.com
Fri Feb 1 21:13:42 PST 2013

 Hi there

Here is an update on the Lustre 2.4 release. Details of the scope of the release are at http://wiki.whamcloud.com/display/Releases/Lustre+2.4+Scope+Statement

Landings
========

-A number of landings made - see http://git.whamcloud.com/?p=fs/lustre-release.git;a=shortlog;h=refs/heads/master
-Network Request Scheduler (LU-398) (core feature – there are still some associated policies to land)
-LNET Networks Hashing (LU-2466)
-FID on OST (LU-1445)
-HSM Flags (LU-1338)

Testing
=======

-Testing on the 2.3.59 tag is complete; 2.3.60 testing is underway

Blockers
========

-Full list available at http://jira.whamcloud.com/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=10292
-If there are any issues not presently marked as blockers that you believe should be, please let me know

Other
=====

-We are now past the feature freeze deadline for this release. I will send out an update with a recap of the feature set for the 2.4 release next week

Thanks

Peter