[cdwg] kerberised patch Re: Lustre 2.4 Features Update

Dilger, Andreas andreas.dilger at intel.com
Mon Feb 11 09:32:20 PST 2013

On 2013-02-11, at 9:41, "Alex Kulyavtsev" <aik at fnal.gov> wrote:

> My congratulations to CEA team on HSM client feature landing.
>
> Can we make similar argument "it will be possible for a vanilla Lustre 2.4 client to interoperate with this release" for kerberos feature and land client patch made by Xyratex into stable release 2.4? It has been tested by Extenci and proved it made kerberized client stable. This will make kerberized client usable without patching & rebuilding. I guess these changes do not affect unkerberized build.
>    http://jira.whamcloud.com/browse/LU-634
>
> What is proper way to bring such questions regarding what is included into release? Discuss on cdwg mail list?

This appears to just be a bug fix and not any kind of new feature request. The problem was that the patch is attached to the bug (where nobody will look at it) instead of in Gerrit.

I've updated the bug with a link to the patch submission process wiki page, and hopefully the patch will be updated and submitted to Gerrit by one of the interested parties in a timely manner for inclusion into 2.4.

Cheers, Andreas