[cdwg] Monitoring Ticket Progress

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Tue Jul 30 11:22:45 PDT 2013

I think you got your titles switched around for your filters.  But even
then, the filters have some problems with over and under reporting.

I think one of the issues is with the process we employ in gerrit, which
does not mesh well with its reporting capabilities.  We have a process
that says multiple +1 reviews are good enough to allow the patch to go
to the Gatekeeper.  Unfortunately, gerrit does not distinguish between a
single +1 and multiple +1s in either its visual output or its searching
capabilities.  That concept of multiple +1s is something that we have
applied only in our heads.

Perhaps we should adjust the procedures to better suite the tool.  If we
have someone apply the +2 when the patch is fully reviewed, it would
make searching and the visual report in the "CR" column of gerrit's
output much easier to deal with.

Chris