[cdwg] Lustre 2.5 Development Planning

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Wed May 22 10:41:53 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Please send us your list of planned development items for Lustre 2.5!
In two weeks at the next CDWG meeting we will be looking at the list of
proposed work and making our first, best attempt at pare it down to a
reasonable set of work for Lustre 2.5.

If you have a new feature that you believe will be ready to land with in
the three month feature-landing window of Lustre 2.5, NOW is the time to
tell us!

If you have pet bugs that are stuck on the back burner and need to be
made a development priority for Lustre 2.5, NOW is the time to tell us!

Your input is crucial if we are to properly scope the amount of change
that we will introduce for Lustre 2.5, and properly scoping the work is
a requirement if we are to produce a solid, on-time software release.

So don't delay!  Send us your list of desired Lustre 2.5 development
items to this mailing list as soon as possible.

Then, join us in the next CDWG call on June 5th to help us choose the
subset of work that we believe is achievable* for Lustre 2.5.

Chris

* Not that this list will only be our best attempt at scoping what is
reasonable, and is by no means a guarantee that any particular item will
appear in Lustre 2.5.