[cdwg] Lustre 2.5 Development Planning

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Fri May 31 16:00:25 PDT 2013

Ok, I guess I'll start things off.  Here is my first pass at things I
would like to see done by 2.5:

LU-793 - Reconnections should not be refused when there is a request in
progress from this client.
LU-2498 - set block device IO scheduler to "deadline"
LU-1199 - lustre build system overhaul
LU-2182 - New llapi_layout API implementation
LU-3338 - IOC_MDC_GETFILESTRIPE can abuse vmalloc()
LU-2158 - remove lvfs and fsfilt code
LU-2161 - Remove last traces of obdfilter
LU-2096 - name ofd device type "ofd" instead of "obdfilter"
LU-911 - OFD Supporting Proc Updates
LU-2613 - opening and closing file can generate 'unrelaimable slab' space
LU-2259 - e2fsprogs: rename liblustreapi.h with lustreapi.h
LU-2600 - lustre metadata performance is very slow on zfs
LU-2476 - poor OST file creation rate performance with zfs backend
LU-2139 - track unstable pages on client
LU-1784 - freeing cached clean pages is slow
LU-744 - Single client's performance degradation on 2.1
LU-576 - Incorrect build dependencies listed for libcfsutil.a
LU-2800 - build: clean out old autoconf options

Chris