[cdwg] Plea for contract requirements for maintenance branch(es)

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Wed May 22 11:20:38 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

Work on updating the Lustre Development Community Tree Maintenance
contract (SFS-MAINT-001) is slow going.  One of sticking points for me
is the topic of maintenance branches.

A couple of organizations are very interested in extending the contract
to cover maintenance branches.  I need those of you with interest in
doing so to provide me with the contractual requirements that you would
like to see added.

Without requirements, I have nothing to put into writing, and without
that we can't really begin negotiating with Intel over the changes.

If this is an area that you feel strongly about, please help propose
concrete contract changes that you would like to see!

Chris