[cdwg] Introducing the Lustre Working Group!

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Mon Aug 11 19:22:31 PDT 2014

Hi folks!

As I fortold in my previous email on July 30th, the Technical Working
Group and the Community Development Working have merged.  The resulting
working group is named simply the Lustre Working Group, or LWG for short.

I made a first pass at a wiki page for the Lustre Working Group here:

http://wiki.opensfs.org/Lustre_Working_Group

The TWG and CDWG pages are preserved for posterity, but have warnings at
the top of the page directing folks to the LWG page.

There is a calendar for the new LWG's activities (I reused and renamed
the CDWG calendar for this purpose).  See the link on the wiki page.

There is also new mailing list.  You have _NOT_ been automatically
subscribed to the new mailing list!  If you want to participate in LWG
activities, you will need to subscribe to the new mailing list yourself.
  Please see this page:

The TWG and CDWG mailing lists will soon be disabled, but our intent is
to keep the mailing list archives intact.

The first meeting of the LWG will occur on Wednesday August 13 at 9am
PDT.  Details for that meeting and its agenda will be sent in a separate
email.  One thing we will discuss is whether there would be a better
time for the new LWG meetings.

The leaders and members of the TWG PACs that oversee the TWG development
contracts have served OpenSFS well.  We foresee no immediate change to
staffing or activities of the TWG PACs, save that they will now
occasionally report on their activities to the new LWG.

I hope hope to see you all in the new LWG!

Chris Morrone