[cdwg] The CDWG and TWG are merging!

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Wed Jul 30 17:00:44 PDT 2014

Hello CDWG and TWG members,

Jason Hill and I received official approval from the OpenSFS Board
today: the CDWG and TWG will be merging into a single working group.

This working group will take a more holistic view of the Lustre software
development lifecycle.  Most obviously, a major goal of the new working
group will be to better incorporate new feature planning into the
overall software development planning, allowing us to better weigh new
features versus other necessary development activities.

So first, we need a name for the working group.  We have a discussion
thread about that topic already started on the CDWG mailing list, so
come and voice your opinion soon if you have one.

The most obvious changes you can expect to see in the near term are as
follows.

1) New email mailing list created.  An announcement about the new list
will be sent to these lists, and these two lists will stop accepting new
messages (the archives will be preserved).  Most likely you will need to
actively register yourself for the new list.

2) New wiki.opensfs.org pages for the WG will be created, merging
information from the current groups.

3) The www.opensfs.org web pages will be updated to reflect the new WG.

I look forward to continuing to participate in Lustre software
development with all of you under this new and improved working group
structure.

Chris