[cdwg] Roadmap refresh reminder

Christopher J. Morrone morrone2 at llnl.gov
Thu Mar 6 20:01:39 PST 2014

Hi folks,

This is a reminder for those people who were on the last CDWG call, and
a heads up for anyone that missed the last call.

We are in the process of refreshing the Lustre roadmap ahead of my
presentation at LUG 2014.  If you have any firm plans for new Lustre
feature developement that you plan to upstream into Lustre 2.7 or 2.8,
now is the time to tell us!

Just to be clear, we are not assembling a wish list for new features.
For the roadmap we only want new features that you have first hand
knowledge that your organization will be developing, and has a
reasonably high confidence that it will complete on time.  Keep in mind
that it is far better to list a feature further out on the schedule and
deliver it early than it is to list it early and fail to deliver on time.

Please send your items to the list, or have them ready to go by
(rescheduled) CDWG call on Thursday, March 13.

Thanks,
Chris